Friday, October 8, 2010

nursing my wounds

I woke up this morning to discover that I had somehow managed to hurt my right ring finger in my sleep. I have no idea how this happened, as there is nothing sharp near my bed. I woke up and saw in my Google Reader feed that my friend Wendy had just posted something about her tendency to hurt herself, especially her hands, so I blame her.

When I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for work, there was an open tube of Neosporin on the bathroom counter, which means that I must have gotten up in the middle of the night, found the Neosporin, smeared it on my finger, and went back to bed.

This means that I not only can't remember hurting myself in the middle of the night, I also can't remember treating the injury in the middle of the night. Who knows how much Neosporin I used in my sleep -- if it was a lot, then it's smeared all over my sheets. I'm glad the cleaning lady is coming today, so that I'll have fresh sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment