Wednesday, October 13, 2010

car talk

Boyfriend and I were in New York last weekend, and we got off the red eye and picked up our rental car to drive two hours north. Boyfriend always accuses me of sleeping whenever we're in the car, so I made a special effort to stay awake and talk to him. I fell partially asleep, anyways, and ended up dreaming while struggling to appear alert and engaged. Our real life conversation morphed into something else in a dream conversation, and for some reason, I thought we were talking about how Asians (and apparently my family in particular) try to blend in and integrate into American society, and so I told him:

"We wear turtlenecks around white people."

I don't wear turtlenecks, and I have no idea why turtlenecks would improve integration.

No comments:

Post a Comment